Issue #5 of Mandarin Weekly is out. You can read it here. Subscribe to our e-mail list via the form on the left, and/or to our Twitter feed.
Among the topics covered this week, gathered from blogs and Q&A forums from around the Web:
- Spring Festival phrases
- Hacking Chinese monthly challenge: Pronunciation
- Working Hard — listening practice
- Six ways to say “thank you”
- “Separable verbs” — a misleading and unnecessary concept
- Funny words in Chinese
- Phrases for Valentine’s Day
- Company names in China
- How do you ask, “What day of the week is that?”
- How do new characters get added to the language?
- Knowing your left from your right
- Starbucks sizes in China
- What does 马马虎虎 mean?