Issue #7 of Mandarin Weekly is out. You can read it here.
You can get Mandarin Weekly delivered to via e-mail each week via the form on the left. You can also subscribe to our Twitter feed.
This week’s topics:
- Kickstarter for OS X Pinyin input
- Tone theory
- Big to small
- Making telephone calls in Chinese
- Differences between 优点 (yōudiǎn) and 好处 (hǎochù).
- “Correction brother”
- How old are you?
- When do you use 两, and when do you use 二?
- Getting organized
- Tom, Dick, and Harry
- What does 非常 (in such phrases as 非常好) come from?