Issue #6 of Mandarin Weekly is out. You can read it here.
You can get Mandarin Weekly delivered to via e-mail each week via the form on the left. You can also subscribe to our Twitter feed.
This week’s topics:
- Year of the …
- Beginner’s guide to the Spring Festival
- More Spring Festival vocabulary and traditions
- Resources for improving your Mandarin pronunciation
- All about the 目 (mù) character and radical:
- Blessings in disguise
- Five Chinese sentence structures
- Animals in Chinese
- A new song: JJ Lin’s “If only” （可惜没如果）
- Are Chinese characters really based on pictures?
- Difference between 别人 and 人家
Suggestions and submissions are warmly welcome, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @MandarinWeekly.
Issue #5 of Mandarin Weekly is out. You can read it here. Subscribe to our e-mail list via the form on the left, and/or to our Twitter feed.
Among the topics covered this week, gathered from blogs and Q&A forums from around the Web:
- Spring Festival phrases
- Hacking Chinese monthly challenge: Pronunciation
- Working Hard — listening practice
- Six ways to say “thank you”
- “Separable verbs” — a misleading and unnecessary concept
- Funny words in Chinese
- Phrases for Valentine’s Day
- Company names in China
- How do you ask, “What day of the week is that?”
- How do new characters get added to the language?
- Knowing your left from your right
- Starbucks sizes in China
- What does 马马虎虎 mean?
The latest issue of Mandarin Weekly (#4) is out! You can read it here, or have it delivered via e-mail via the form on this page.
This week’s issue includes blog posts and answers on the following topics:
- How to learn Chinese grammar: Sentence patterns, particles and conjunctions
- So you want to take the HSK? Here are 9 Tips!
- Another Chinese song to learn from: 王力宏 Wang Leehom《就是現在》”Now Is the Time”
- Differences between 干，办，做，搞，弄
- What are some good Mandarin-language TV series for beginners?
- How to say ‘never’ in Mandarin Chinese?
- The Mandarin version of “that” in joining clauses or sentences
Suggestions? Feedback? Ideas? Send e-mail to email@example.com, or on Twitter at @MandarinWeekly.